LAConvolver Audio Unit Plug-in
LAConvolver is an Audio Units plug-in for convolving the audio stream with an impulse response stored in an audio file.
Typically it is used for applying reverb from a sampled impulse response.
LAConvolver is free but donations will certainly encourage further development.
Download latest version here.
For Mac OS X 10.5 or PowerPC get version 0.3.2 here.
For Mac OS X 10.4 get version 0.3 here.
LAConvolver has been granted the Excellent software certificate by FindMySoft.com!
News in version 0.3.4
- Carbon UI available again.
News in version 0.3.3
- Only runs on Intel processors.
News in version 0.3.2
- Runs on Mac OS X 10.5 again.
- Performance improvements.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- An Intel processor
- Support for 1 to 128 audio channels, all with independent impulse responses
- Most audio file formats supported for the impulse responses
- Automatic sample rate conversion of impulse responses if needed
- Low latency, determined by number of frames per slice
- Troubles with some host applications
- No support for raw PCM files
The CPU-load is dependent on the number of frames per slice, larger slices give lower CPU-load. On an iBook G4 800 MHz with a sample rate of 44,100 Hz and 4,096 frames per slice the CPU-load is about 3% per second of impulse response.
Impulse responses are available for free at various sites. You can find a list here.
You can reach me at